Dr.-Ing. Jan Trieschmann
I’m research scientist and group leader of Physics-Informed Data Driven Modeling division at Electrodynamics and Physical Electronics Group, Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus-Senftenberg. My research focus is on computational electromagnetics and physics-informed data-driven modeling in the subject areas of electromagnetic systems, plasma engineering, physical electronics, materials science, and photonics.
Specifically, this relates to
- the numerical modeling of the dynamics and the electromagnetic response of tunable periodic (plasma) band gap structures and RF devices, and
- the multi-scale / multi-physics model coupling of the plasma-surface interface.
These topics are addressed using conventional numerical methods (e.g., Finite Difference, Finite Element, and Finite Volume techniques) as well as data-driven methods such as surrogate models and artificial neural networks. The latter involves machine learning algorithms to realize the bridging, for instance, of the atomistic surface dynamics scale and the macroscopic scale of the gas-phase in plasma modeling.
TRR 87 / Project C08 – Heavy particle processes in high power plasmas
funded by Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (2018-2022)
CRC 1461 / Project C05 – Multiscale transport modeling: From process plasmas to resistive switching devices
funded by Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (2021-2024)
- T. Gergs, F. Schmidt, T. Mussenbrock, J. Trieschmann. Generalized method for charge transfer equilibration in reactive molecular dynamics. Journal of Chemical Theory and Computation. Journal of Chemical Theory and Computation 17, 6691 (2021).
- J. Trieschmann, A. W. Larsen, T. Mussenbrock, S. B. Korsholm. Kinetic simulation of electron cyclotron resonance assisted gas breakdown in split-biased waveguides for ITER collective Thomson scattering diagnostic. Physics of Plasmas 28, 082505 (2021).
- S. Wilczek, J. Schulze, R. P. Brinkmann, Z. Donkó, J. Trieschmann, T. Mussenbrock. Electron dynamics in capacitively coupled radio frequency discharges. Journal of Applied Physics 127, 181101 (2021).
- F. Zahari, F. Schlichting, J. Strobel, S. Dirkmann, J. Cipo, S. Gauter, J. Trieschmann, R. Marquardt, G. Haberfehlner, G. Kothleitner, L. Kienle, T. Mussenbrock, M. Ziegler, H. Kersten, H. Kohlstedt. Correlation between sputter deposition parameters and I-V characteristics in double-barrier memristive devices. Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology B 37, 061203 (2019).
- F. Krüger, T. Gergs, J. Trieschmann. Machine learning plasma-surface interface for coupling sputtering and gas-phase transport simulations. Plasma Sources Science and Technology 28, 035002 (2019).
- F. Schmidt, T. Mussenbrock, J. Trieschmann. Consistent simulation of capacitive radio-frequency discharges and external matching networks. Plasma Sources Science and Technology 27, 105017 (2018).
- J. Trieschmann, T. Mussenbrock. Kinetic bandgap analysis of plasma photonic crystals. Journal of Applied Physics 124, 173302 (2018).
- J. Trieschmann, T. Mussenbrock. Transport of sputtered particles in capacitive sputter sources. Journal of Applied Physics 118, 033302 (2015).
Dr.-Ing. Jan Trieschmann
Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus-Senftenberg
Electrodynamics and Physical Electronics
Building 3A / Room 241
+49 (0) 355 / 69 5158